Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thing 17


As a teacher I will be able to use social bookmarking and tagging when it comes to finding lesson plans or strategies that I need to revert back to.  This tool will also come in handy when it comes to collaborating with other colleagues. I will definitely use Delicious to bookmark my favorite websites that will help me as a teacher.

Tagging is what you do after you save a link to your collection. You tag it with one or more keywords to describe it. Multiple people can use the same words, so you can search for everything tagged with "technology education" or "elementary education" and get the collection of websites of everything that anyone has found using that tag.

Social bookmarking allows you to maintain a collection of useful links online.  It is very similar to the bookmarks or favorites in your browser, but they are also accessible to others because you post it on your own page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment