Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thing 8

Maternity Mosaic by krystalmarin
Maternity Mosaic, a photo by krystalmarin on Flickr.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            This mosaic was so much fun to make!! I created it on bighugelabs.com. It was free to make and so user friendly.  I will definitely be using this website again for personal use for sure and also in the classroom once I become a teacher.  This website and Flickr will be a great tool to utilize especially if you are in charge of the yearbook, teach an art class, or even a journalism class.  These tools and mashup features can also be used in newsletters for your classroom and for conducting a seating chart or a class roster.  I also played around with the mappr app which would be really cool if you are teaching a geography or social studies class.  You can put pictures on a map to signify a particular place or destination that you are teaching in your lesson plan.  It can also be used to help students remember locations and also keeps track of places that you have traveled to if you use it for personal use. At first I was a bit weary and unsure of posting my personal pictures online other than to my Facebook, but I am viewing it a bit differently the more I explore around and see the neat things you can do with websites like Flickr.  I am not ashamed of me or my life and I have nothing to hide so I feel like I can be confident in sharing my pictures for the world to see. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment