Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thing 16

For the start up page I used two different ones.  For my laptop I use UStart, and for my tablet I use Symbaloo.  Both were really easy to setup.  I prefer Symbaloo on my tablet over UStart just because the layout is so much easier and more convenient to use, and I like UStart on my laptop because it is designed more like a regular start up on the computer which I am more familiar with and accustomed too. I also like the fact that UStart has options to allow for calendar and even the weather to be right there on the same screen as all your other interests and web pages.  This is a great tool that will keep you organized in the classroom or in your personal life. 

I use Google calendar and I love it.  This is going to be even more helpful to my family once I have my baby.  My babysitters will be able to see my schedule and know what days and times they will be needed.  An online calendar is the best way to keep your family on the same page when it comes to appointments, school and work schedules, and special events.

I have Remember the Milk application on my smart phone and highly recommend that application. It is a virtual to do list that helps me remember what I need to do whether it is my grocery list or what errands to run or what school assignments to do.   Forget the sticky notes and honey-do lists, get Remember the Milk and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment